Friday, September 26, 2014

Creating Authentic Learning Experiences

One of the most fulfilling moments as a math coach is seeing a teacher delivering a well planned lesson that the students will remember for a very long time.  I am so excited that I had the pleasure of witnessing this first hand with Ms. Dixon and her 3rd grade students a few days ago.  During last week's common planning session Ms. Dixon, Ms. Cardona (Math CSS) and I wanted to ensure that the children had a lesson that would really break down the often difficult concept of line plots.  After a mini think-tank session about how we would tackle the task, Ms. Dixon researched a wonderful activity to extend what we discussed during planning.  Although I am always on the look out for wonderful classroom happenings, I was pleasantly surprised at what took place during Ms. Dixon's Line Plot Lesson, so much so, that I whipped out my iPad and started to record. Please take a peek for yourself. 




No comments:

Post a Comment